Radiology technologist is a non-exempt hourly member of the Surgery Center team participating in its missions and values. Responsible for performing all radiological examinations in a safe, expedient and thorough manner. Displays confidence, quality, trust, respect and teamwork. Participates in the Center’s convenient, cost-effective and quality-driven care. Is supervised by the Surgery Center leadership team and works collaboratively with Medical Director
- Demonstrates knowledge and appropriately performs handling and care of all radiological equipment and activities.
- Demonstrates functional knowledge of radiology techniques and safe radiation protection practices.
- Identifies patient and confirms examination providing confidential care.
- Ensures the use of radiation protection practices when performing radiological examinations.
- Maintains appropriate paperwork of patients having radiology examinations.
- Works with Materials Management Coordinator to maintain inventory of supplies needed for radiology equipment. Assists with putting sterile supplies away as directed by OR Team Leader.
- Maintains sufficient inventory of protective equipment, i.e.: lead aprons, collars, etc. to assure that all employees have the necessary protection during a procedure.
- Ensures that all employees are wearing dosimeter badges before the radiology examination is performed.
- Examines lead aprons/thyroid collars integrity under fluoroscopy and documents findings. Reports defects to Team Leader, Clinical Director, or Lead Radiology Tech.
- Ensures that safety precautions are provided to the patient during the examination to minimize exposure.
- Reports any malfunctioning equipment to the Team Leader, Clinical Director, Lead Radiology Tech, or Radiology Physicist.
- Assists with the scheduling of yearly maintenance inspections.
- Assists with room turnover by taking out the trash, mopping floors, and wiping down flat surfaces. Does not include opening sterile supplies unless trained by OR Team Leader and competency completed.
- Assists the OR by replenishing scrub sinks (masks, brushes, etc…), replenishing blanket warmers, wiping down equipment in storage room as directed by OR Team Leader, and delivering specimens to BHC, when applicable.
- Ensures that trash in the dirty utility room is emptied into dumpsters frequently.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS
- One or more years demonstrated experience in Radiology Department. Operating Room experience preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited radiology program.
- Registered Radiology Technologist in good standing with the AART.
- Demonstrated decision making and organizational skills. Ability to maintain a clean organized work environment. Change oriented and creative. Effective interpersonal skills including those required during stressful situations.
- May assist with patient care including patient movement or lifting. Standing, bending, stooping, kneeling and ability to lift 50 pounds.
Apply Online Now!